YSPP VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION
Please plan to join us for a one hour informational meeting to learn more about how you can make a difference in the lives of youth at risk of suicide in King County. A variety of volunteer opportunities are available for qualified candidates. RSVP to Kate Kenney at: (206) 297-5922 x 115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Youth Suicide Prevention Program. If you are a Washington State resident, please contact Kate at email@example.com. She will contact you to discuss your interests and what opportunities are or will become available, and send you our online application*.
If you reside outside Washington State, we suggest you look for a contact in your area on the National Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) website.
Examples of volunteer opportunities:
- become a member of the Board;
- attend health fairs and distribute materials;
- package key chains and posters for school campaigns;
- conduct Internet research;
- support fundraising events;
- fold and stuff hundreds of letters for our annual holiday appeal;
- write letters to newspaper editors;
- advocate for funding with state legislators, and
- fax press releases
For a list of specific volunteer opportunities, visit our Opportunities page.
We do not provide counseling for depressed and/or suicidal youth.
We are looking for volunteers with a variety of skills. You do not need to be an accomplished professional. Maybe you are retired; maybe you are just starting out and looking for work experience. We can provide unpaid internship placements in public health, marketing, and communications.
* The information you share with us will remain confidential.