Everyone experiences stress at some time or another. It might be caused by problems at school or work, relationships with friends, siblings or parents, moving to a new place, or a traumatic event.
Stress can affect people in different ways:
- sad, angry, or anxious
- lack of confidence
- avoiding other people
- upset stomach
- problems eating or sleeping
You probably can’t get rid of stress, so how do you manage it?
- Express yourself – draw, write, play music
- Exercise – walk, run, shoot baskets
- Avoid harmful behaviors like drugs, cigarettes and alcohol
- Talk to someone – ask a friend to listen or call a hotline