Thank you for your interest in working at Youth Suicide Prevention Program! We do have an open job position.
YSPP Director of Services-Grays Harbor.
The Youth Suicide Prevention Program is seeking a qualified person to act as Director of Programs in the Grays Harbor Area. The Director of Programs will work with the Executive Director to represent the Youth Suicide Prevention Program in implementation of a five year federal grant through, and in collaboration with the Washington State Department of Health. This position will specifically be responsible for extensive delivery of suicide prevention trainings to the local community. The candidate will live in the Grays Harbor area, be willing to re-locate, or live within an hour commuting distance. The position will be responsible for outreach to various communities to provide services, trainings, and participate in community meetings and planning in the area. The positon will be located in the Grays Harbor Health Department and will act as part of team in implementation of the grant.
The ideal candidate will have past experience in acting as a member of a team and in building collaboration. Past experience with youth and work as a trainer is desirable.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, Education or related field, and three years’ work experience
- Demonstrated skills in community outreach and relationship-building
- Demonstrated skills in public speaking and facilitation with a variety of audiences, preferably around controversial or challenging topics
- Comfortable using technology for communication, data tracking, and creating and submitting documentation of work
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, written communication, and work priority management skills
- Passionate about and comfortable discussing the topic of youth suicide
- Consistent access to a reliable vehicle
- Existing positive relationships with Grays Harbor community agencies including mental health providers, schools, youth-serving organizations, tribal communities, and/or crisis service providers
- Certification in ASIST, safeTALK, or other research-based suicide prevention training preferred
- YSPP is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit and an equal-opportunity employer. People of color, gender and sexual minorities, people with disabilities, bilingual applicants, and members of other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com by 1/31/15 no phone calls, please.
If you'd like to explore volunteer opportunities, please visit our volunteer page. Thanks!