Thank you for your interest in working at Youth Suicide Prevention Program! We do have an open job position.
Youth Suicide Prevention Trainer-Grays Harbor
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, and in coordination with the Director of Training, the Youth Suicide Prevention Trainer will deliver trainings on suicide prevention using the Networks for Life Training Curriculum developed by YSPP as well as QPR. This is a grant funded position over five years with Grays Harbor the primary county served and expanding to Pacific County year two and Clallam County in year three. The YSPP Trainer will be located in Grays Harbor and be responsible for representing the Youth Suicide Prevention Program in their work. This position will coordinate with other YSPP staff and participate in monthly calls and an annual two day meeting. This position will:
- Ensure that training is provided to populations including: primary care providers, behavioral health and substance abuse providers, schools, youth servicing organizations, foster parents and social workers, juvenile justice staff, law enforcement, faith organizations, survivors, parents and staff working with high risk populations.
- Have knowledge of or the ability to learn and deliver trainings including Networks for Life, QPR, and other trainings proven effective in suicide prevention
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting community members to receive training and work to overcome community barriers to suicide prevention.
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting schools that are resistant or hesitant to participate.
- Communicate the benefits of school and/or community participation in suicide prevention.
- Provide Post-vention to schools that have lost a student to suicide
- Work with agencies to develop crisis plans specific to suicide.
- Ensure that data on trainings completed are collected in a timely manner and put in appropriate data bases.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director provide presentations in the community, collaboration with other Grays Harbor agencies, and represent YSPP in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience as a trainer or in clinical work. Work in the area of suicide prevention a plus.
Resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/20/15. No phone calls, please.
YSPP is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit and an equal-opportunity employer. People of color, gender and sexual minorities, people with disabilities, bilingual applicants, and members of other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com no phone calls, please.
If you'd like to explore volunteer opportunities, please visit our volunteer page. Thanks!