Thank you for your interest in working at YSPP. We do not have any openings at this time. If you'd like to explore volunteer opportunities, please visit our volunteer page. Thanks!
Internship Opportunity - Social Media
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated student intern to engage potential donors, partners, supporters and youth communities through social media, and to update content on our website. You will work closely with the Director of Development, training and communications staff. You will play a valuable role in creating new outreach messages that can be shared widely.
* Strategize, write, design and implement online and social media outreach campaigns
* Update content on YSPP website
* Assist with Constant Contact email newsletters and campaigns
* Update and manage YSPP's accounts on Facebook, Twitter
* Strong social media skills and experience, a desire to be online, engaged in making a difference
* Good communication skills, written and oral
* Web graphics skills ( PhotoShop or Fireworks)
* Self-directed, professional, energetic and reliable
* High level of organization, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to respond well to guidance and work well in a team environment
* Strong interpersonal skills, and an affinity for working with young people
* Sensitivity to the social-emotional nature of suicide prevention
ASAP. The selected intern will be asked to make at least a 12-week commitment and work at least 15 hours per week, with potential for extension and/or a more intensive work schedule, as well as for a small stipend.
This is a great opportunity to strengthen your design experience, build your professional portfolio, and make connections in the local non-profit field. We will support your academic or community service credit, and provide letters of recommendation for excellent work.
Qualified applicants may email a resume and cover letter to Page Pless, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Social Media Intern" and your first and last name as your subject header.