- An average of 2 youth between the ages of 10 and 24 die by suicide each week in Washington State.
- More than one in every 10 high school students reported having attempted suicide; nearly 1 in 6 students between the ages of 12-17 have seriously considered it.
- More than 30% of LGBTQ youth report at least one suicide attempt within the last year.*
- More than 50% of Transgender youth will have had at least one suicide attempt by their 20th birthday.*
- Youth suicides outnumber youth homicides.
*Based on national statistics as Washington State does not specifically track suicide statistics for our LGBTQ and Transgender populations.
to the top
For the latest ranking by state and the rates by gender, age, and ethnicity in the U.S. go to www.suicidology.org.